Serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Just a Quick Note

HEY! I'm a missionary!

I only have a little while and I have lots of stories to tell you, but I decided I will just send you copies of my journal entries cause they are all in there! This is a crazy place! So much going on! 

We got here and were plopped straight into class and all they spoke was Spanish! I need a lot of things I forgot so here's the list, I want you to see if Ryan can send me one of those water bottles and give him my address and also put my address up on facebook. Also I forgot that little vial of oil on the Special Olympics key chain and I need that. I got the talk so thanks for that! I need the post-it notes and pens and pencils that I forgot. Make sure they don't get stolen and dispersed around the house please! Also I need a Tide-To-Go stick and if you can send some cup of noodles and popcorn cause I'm always starving at night.  I have to go ask the Tongans for food cause they are ALWAYS eating. Haha, it's seriously like those aliens from Men In Black who are always in the coffee room, but they are big poly-dudes in the snack room, always eating and laughing and yelling.  They're awesome.  Hahaha. :)
Okay well I'm running out of time and gotta go soon! I got the luggage thingy and will ship it in a little bit to Grandma. Don't forget the water bottle thing cause I am always dehydrated cause I don't wanna leave class every 5 minutes when I'm thirsty, which reminds me my P-day is Thursday.

Love,
Elder Channing Winterrose

Below are some photos of Elder Winterrose headed to the Missionary Training Center (MTC).

On the way to the airport

Bye-bye to my piggy


Brogan and Elder Winterrose

Elder Winterrose and the Little Brothers

Mom, Elder Winterrose, Dad

Grandpa and Grandma Perkins, Elder Winterrose

Elder Winterrose and not so little Little Bro.

No comments:

Post a Comment