Serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Well, the rains finally fell!

This week we finally got a little bit of precipitation. Saturday it really poured for a while.
We spent a lot of our efforts planning for the 2 baptisms that we had on Sunday. The investigators, a mother and daughter, got baptized. They are super dedicated and have come a long way. For that I am proud. :) I will send a bunch of pictures. I sang a musical number at it too. it had been a looong time since i had sang in front of a crowd and my heart was beating like my sambas in the dryer. It went off without a hitch though. After that they wanted to sing a song... so the brother who was in charge of directing the songs picked one that was pretty hard to play... I looked at Elder Palomino over behind the piano with that deer in the headlights look so i suggested to the brother if we could sing Nearer My God To Thee. I assumed that was a pretty easy one because it is like the only one i have "learned". and I am not that good at it still. When i went over to tell him he still had that look on his face... So, having NEVER touched the piano infront of a crowd before, i played the whole song. And it didn't sound bad! I think that was my biggest achievement of the day. :) so, Sunday was a crazy but rewarding day.

Later that night as we were leaving a fireside for the youth, about to go to dinner, we got a call to go and give a blessing to a little baby. A little background, the dad is a return missionary from 2 years ago and his wife and he had this beautiful little girl.  Only just 2 months ago and she was diagnosed with cancer when they found a tumor in her thigh. Talk about a trial of faith. . . he gave us the update on her and she is going to have an mri today to see if the chemotherapy is taking. When i saw that little girl for the first time i could instantly feel the spirit in the room. I don't think i could have cared about anything else in the world more than this little girl i had just met. It really made me think about the value of the little children in the eyes of God. So perfect and innocent. Please keep her in your prayers cause i know i will. Her name is Reina.

Anyways, this week we didn't have much else going on besides interviews with president and that is always a great opportunity to get to know him and receive some personal counsel.

Well, I gotta lot of work to do on some college applications if I'm ever goin' to learn good, so i gotta run. :/

I love you all so much, and I apologize for not having some more words on the page. I'm doing great, and the lord is blessing us amply.  I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving and remember to be grateful!

Love,

Elder Channing Winterrose

No comments:

Post a Comment