Serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Monday, January 9, 2012

hey family!

wow, my has this been a crazy week eh? I didn't get any mail this week but i think it is getting better because i didn't even notice! i think my life is starting to be more entertained by the work. this is the point i was hoping i would reach and now I'm there. i feel like last week was really good because we found a lot of people and we finally have a big teaching pool. one of our investigators was soooo legit. we found him from a referral and were just real and friendly with him. we had only had 2 lessons with him and he accepted the baptismal invitation. the only bad thing is that just this Saturday he moved! out of the mission! so that was a kinda bitter-sweet week but we know that with the rock solid testimony he has of the gospel so far that there is no doubt he will be a great member. He is like the closest friend/best investigator that i have met out here. it is pretty cool. He now lives out by universal studios on the north side of the mission but he still keeps in contact because he wants to take us to all these restaurants down here. so I'm excited. :) besides him we have had a lot of rock solid appointments and it feels amazing to be really teaching again. i was starting to feel a little rusty but now i know that i still got it. :) one man we got a referral for had just had surgery on his leg and cant get out of bed for the next 3 months so i joked around with carver saying, "hey he may not be able to get baptized till his leg gets better, but at least he wont be able to skip out on our appointments!" :) so that has been going good. I have really seen a lot of blessings in the lives of the people around me and i am glad i can be a big part of it.

well, i have to say i think i am loving it here. the weather is alright most the time (besides it being allergy season all year long). also my relationships with the members are really paying off. we always have more referrals than we can handle haha. also we can always call up one of our solid mission moms here in our ward if we don't have dinner and they will get our backs. :) which reminds me, mom if you can send me some recipes via email or if i could have one of the sisters here call you she wants to make some of my favorites. :) haha. i think she just wants to give us some more variety. so if you could email me some of our regular dinners that would be awesome. Thanks! love ya.
We have also finally been getting in a groove. we had not been very perfect at getting up on time and working out (sleeping in about 30 minutes or so) and we have been keeping it our new year's resolution to be more obedient and work out more. Elder carver wants to cut 10 lbs by the end of the transfer on the 18th so i have been helping him out a lot more with that giving him more specific workouts and such. it is working out alright. i have been trying to cut back down to 150 cause I'm floating around 157ish lately. and my abs are looking a little less visible if you know what i mean. ;) my shirts are nowhere near fitting though and i always look like I'm wearing a small poncho haha. i guess i should have thought about getting a few fitted ones too.

ahh, well that is enough about me haha. my companion is just the coolest guy ever. he is just like filianga, easy going but a hard worker. he is very efficient so we don't have to work as hard to get a lot done. and he also understands that even though it is work it can be lots of fun. :)

I gotta say I am so thankful for all the support from all the family and all the friends. :) it makes me SO happy. 

well i gotta go but i miss you all. I cant believe that it has almost been 6 months away from home. it really does fly by.

Les quiero y extrano muchisimo y gracias por todo. :)

Elder Channing Winterrose

No comments:

Post a Comment