Serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Monday, October 1, 2012


Hey there everybody!

Well, transfers were this week and I have to say I'm pretty pleased with them. My NEW area i will be covering is called Fairfax..... but the cool thing is, I didn't get transferred! I'm still with Elder Shannon who will, after this transfer, be landing in the Pasco airport! If you all wanna give him a huge surprise show up and welcome my companion home! :)  We are still covering this area but we lost two elders out of the eight in the ward so we gained their part of the area. I am pretty sure it will only be temporary while we don't have the Spanish missionaries available to cover it this transfer and we will probably get more Spanish greenies this next transfer to fill the area. It is a HUGE blessing. Now we have 1/2 of the ward in our boundaries and we will never have to look hard for work if we do this right. Yesterday we had a great turnout at church. we had three of our investigators show up and two just popped in to visit the church for the first time! so now we have a great teaching pool of people who are amazing, aka, they keep commitments. :)

Man, speaking of commitments, i know i have been a real loser at writing people lately and I hope it isn't held against me at the last day cause this week i am gonna repent! hear me! i just gotta get me some more stamps hahaha.

This Sunday we had the great opportunity of speaking in church for 5th Sunday lesson.  Two other elders and I were asked to share our testimonies. I was really impressed to talk on the missionary work that goes into preparing missionaries in their home ward. On Saturday morning one of the members in the ward went through the temple for the first time. This guy has been the greatest help to our mission work in the last couple months as he has been preparing for his mission in Ohio. I don't remember what prompted me, but that morning i was sitting there with elder Shannon and i looked at my watch and thought to myself, "Holy cow! God is preparing another missionary right now!" while thinking of this elder.  At that moment i really thought about what i just thought. God is preparing every person who has been conferred with the gift of the Holy Spirit for their own missionary opportunities EVERY DAY.... When i thought about that, the number of missionaries in our ward just jumped from 6 to like 160. This was a bit of what i went ahead and shared at the pulpit that day - that really, each and every one of us has a great potential to be the missionary Heavenly Father has appointed us to be. As sons and daughters of an Eternal Father, we have been blessed with so much! 
Just like it says in Doctrine and Covenants Section 82:3

"For of him unto whom much is given much is required..."

It is sooo true. like really i cant think of a better way to say it. With all of this said, I have to say when i hear the stories of all of your missionary experiences i wanna be fist pumpin' like a champ. but i can't cause i'm in a library and that would be a little weird. I am so so proud of those stories.  It makes me wanna get out there in the heat and preach. :)

I love you all so much and i pray for you all every day. Even those who aren't of this faith. I have had so many people bless my life in different ways and i thank them all in my prayers to my heavenly father.

With this week coming up we have the wonderful opportunity to listen to a living prophet of God speak to us concerning our eternal salvation. We will be given much in these conferences. Thus this is my invitation, INVITE EVERYBODY. Just one simple thing to do; invite those you encounter this week to listen to a Prophet's voice and I can promise you that you will feel an increase of the spirit in yourselves, your home, and your family.

I love you all and thank you for taking the time to read these letters.

Love,
Elder Channing Winterrose

No comments:

Post a Comment