Serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Hey family!

well this week has been a rather crazy one and i am a little short on time this week cause i have some packing to do.  Long story short we got our call last night and I am getting transferred to the Los Angeles 6th ward, opening a new area as district leader with my new companion being elder Stinson. it is called the Cimmaron area and i have no idea where it is so far except that it is south of the LA 3rd ward i started in. Also, elder palomino is getting transfered out so this area is also getting whitewashed.

....By Sister Missionaries....

soooo i will have a lot of cleaning and packing to do to take my apartment from terrestrial to celestial status. hence the short letter.

Yesterday morning we got to go to do temple cleaning as a zone.  Since i missed my last opportunity 6 months ago because of transfers it has been a year since the last time i went. I enjoyed it a lot. We had the task of vacuuming the Sealing rooms as well as cleaning the carpets in the garden room. The paintings are sooo amazing in there. it was a great chance to get a close look and really appreciate them.

I have a lot of people here in this ward who i am going to miss very much and i was thinking it would be cool to be able to come visit them before school. Mom, i don't know if you got my ticket to Hawaii yet, but i was thinking maybe you could have like a 3 or 4 day layover in Los Angeles. if you can and i could visit a bunch of people down here. I mean, if i am flying down here to connect to hawaii anyways it could work out. plus i have a bunch of friends down here who i could stay with for a few nights. one being the cordovas, they always have an extra couch. :)

Anyways, Sunday i received a bright surprise! My recent convert, the one who just got baptized in January and went on her mini mission, came and told me her mom and dad were getting married this week and they are getting baptized in like 2 weeks! I am soo happy. :) I will be going to their baptism and i am super excited for it.

I have seen many many blessings this month and i am super excited for the progress that has happened and i just really really hope that the sisters who take over the area can keep it going.

Next week i will send pictures of my companion and the people we get to visit.

Mom keep your chin up it's all going to pay off.
Dad, I love you and know you're the best dad anyone could have. Those kids are lucky to have a coach like you.
Brothers, It goes without saying but behave and have fun. :)

I love you all,
Elder Channing Winterrose

No comments:

Post a Comment